As a comprehensive ERP solution, Centerprism fully addresses Purchasing Management with a comprehensive inventory Purchasing solution. Centerprism Purchasing Management allows the distributor to maintain sufficient item quantities to meet customer demand yet eliminate overstock, and optimize purchase procedures to reduce cost. This is accomplished by using the Centerprism Demand Forecaster, Purchase Plan Configurator, Order Point Calculator, and Purchase Advisor. Additionally, the PrismReq™ purchasing requisition tool allows users to take advantage of vendor discounts and special offers by building a shopping list that alerts the user to the best time to buy.
PURCHASE PLAN CONFIG
Maintaining high customer service levels while keeping item stocking costs low requires proper inventory planning. Centerprism Purchase Plan Configurator enables users to achieve optimized stock levels through the creation of custom plans that adequately match the sales activity and vendor requirements of each item. This is accomplished through a variety of controls that allow order points, vendor requirements, and other factors to be continually updated based on historical sales activity. Plans are built and assigned to items and then set to run on a schedule to update Purchase Advisor.
Purchase Plan Configurator Features:
- Multiple plans and plan types: Purchasing plans can be built and assigned to different item types based on different inventory purchasing models such as EOQ, Upto, FOC, FOQ, Variable order quantity or period
- Custom define calculating periods
- Weeks of supply or ranking can be built into the equation of the Purchasing Plan
- Vendor Lead Time, Safety stock, Frequency, etc. are user-defined options
- Vendor Lead time is automatically calculated and available to plan equation
ORDER POINT CALCULATOR
Centerprism’s Order Point Calculator is a global utility for changing an item’s Purchase Order Planning Fields, such as order points. Key planning fields can be changed as a straight value (manual), a percentage of last value (up or down), or using a pre-determined Purchasing Plan. The user may select ranges of items to be calculated, get a preview of the newly calculated values, then submit these values to update the item record.
Order Point Calculator Features:
- Search filter by Item #, Site ID, Buyer ID, Vendor ID, Category, Class ID, and Plan
- Order Point (OP) Filters – “only non-zero OP”, “only Zero OP”, or “Kits”
- Calculate Preview
- Change multiple fields simultaneously: Order Policy, Fixed Order Qty, Order Point, Order Upto, # of Days, EOQ, etc.
- Change multiple item SITE IDs simultaneously
- Change History: a history or changes in key fields is tracked. History screen displays Last Value, User, Source of Change, and Method
- Inventory Demand Monitoring System: allow for user-defined tracking policies
- Purchase Planning Scheduler with Alerts: Will auto update fields based on monitoring.
The Centerprism Purchase Advisor assists in purchase planning by suggesting purchase orders that need to be placed to meet current demand and inventory requirements. The Purchase Plan Configurator and Order Point Calculator functions provide historical sales data to the PO Advisor that is used in conjunction with current Order Entry quantity needs, such as customer back orders and takes into account Vendor requirements in order to minimize PO costs. The user can override PO suggestions through item selection or by modifying suggested quantities. Purchase Orders are generated automatically.
Other features include:
- Filter-Back Orders only function
- Adjust Quantity Tool to auto-align with Vendor Minimum or by a percentage
- Extended Required Quantity screen that presents Order Point Calculation detail
- PrismView™ Grouping and financial analysis
Take advantage of Vendor special pricing and promotional offers using Centerprism PrismReq™. PrismReq™ is a Purchase Order Requisition Tool that allows users to build a list of inventory items that need to be purchased in a way to monitor appropriate dollars or quantity amounts required by the vendor. Once sufficient amounts are met
- Track Multiple Vendors simultaneously
- Vendor Requirements visible on screen: Order Minimum Dollars, Freight Minimum Dollars, and Order Minimum Quantity
- PrismView™ Grouping and financial analysis
- Add items to PrismReq™ from Order Entry by launching screen
VENDOR COST UPDATE TOOL
Upload vendor cost updates using electronic files distributed from vendors. The Vendor Cost Update Tool updates pricing fields such as list price and cost as well as related item information fields.
- Built-in Mapping Tool that maps vendor item # to item #
- Preview screen showing updated price/cost prior to import
- Recalculate Prices Tool for those prices that are calculated from vendor cost
- Ability to set a future date for prices to update
- An Undo button that allows price changes to be rolled back and price history to be stored in the Item Maintenance screen